The Nicholsons

Dave, Kathi & Keira
Daisypath Anniversary tickersDaisypath - Personal picture Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal picture PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata - Personal picture PitaPata Dog tickersPitaPata - Personal picture

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Domesticated

Well, I thought I would become a little more domestic, but I think it was a bad idea. For the Christmas holiday, I made some banana bread, sugar cookies, fudge, divinity, chocolate truffles, spritz cookies, and caramels. I think the only thing that turned out really good was the banana bread and divinity, and nobody likes that except me. I burnt the crap out of a batch of the sugar cookies and the chocolate coating for the truffles. I toasted the spritz cookies, the fudge is still kind of grainy, and the caramels are maybe too soft and I burnt my middle finger in the process. The pan started over flowing and I was trying to get it over to the sink, but in the process my finger got in the way and the sauce burnt it. In the meantime, Dave had been engraving it in my head to not let things with a high sugar content over flow on our new flat surface stove. Oops! I blame it on not knowing how to use the stove yet. I'm still learning how it works and I think I was trying to do too many things all at once. The outcome is that some of my candies may not have turned out very good and my finger blistered, became sore and infected, and to top it all off I had to get a tetanus shot. I'm now on antibiotics and have to use a burn cream to help it heal, and my arm hurts from the shot. The moral of the story is NEVER do it yourself when you can call Mr. Brach, the Candyman.

1 comment:

Marla said...

oh i am cracking up so hard.
kathi - you kill me.
love that you even attempted to make all that stuff.

merry christmas!