The Nicholsons

Dave, Kathi & Keira
Daisypath Anniversary tickersDaisypath - Personal picture Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal picture PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata - Personal picture PitaPata Dog tickersPitaPata - Personal picture

Sunday, March 28, 2010

First Hives

Today was a bit scary. Dave walked over to Keira standing over the toy box trying to get a toy and saw she had something on her cheek. It looked like a big welt on the side of her face, and as I got closer it looked like a hive. I started investigating her body trying to locate if there were anymore lurking around. The poor thing had them swollen all over her hands and feet, including a few random spots on the rest of her body. I kept searching for a reason of why she had these all of a sudden and found on the small of her back 5 circular marks as big as a tip of a pencil and thought it looked like a bite. I'm thinking it was possibly a spider bite though because she was taking a 3 hour nap before. I had Dave run to Walgreens for some Benadryl only to find that you can't give an infant any. That sucked! In the meantime, I was on the phone with her doctors office who told me to give her a cool bath and keep watching her to see if it gets worse. I'm happy to report the majority disappeared by the time Dave got home with the Benadryl. Ahh! Children! They are all a mystery.

No comments: