As of Wednesday, November 5th, Dave and I found out that we are finally expecting. We are very excited and anxious to find out if we will be expecting one or two babies. November 24th, will be our 1st ultrasound and that's to determine just how many babies we are expecting and to see the heart beat(s) for the first time.
However, the IVF procedure has not been easy. After they did the implantation, I felt great for about a week, all accept some minor bloating. On Friday night, I woke up with some major cramping in my abdomen and passed out. We went to the doctor that Monday, and they found out that I was retaining a lot of fluid in my abdomen, which was causing symptoms of OHSS (Ovarian Hyper-stimulation Syndrome). It is a very common syndrome when they remove over 20 eggs, so they watch you extremely close. The doctors removed 2.5 liters of fluid from my abdomen. Boy, oh boy! Did I feel great...for about one day. The fluid started accumulating again, which makes it very difficult to breath and makes me nauseated, along with a few other symptoms. This baby or babies WILL be extremely grateful one day for all this drama we are going through now.
We've been back to the doctor a couple times this week and things are looking like they are moving in the right direction. Its becoming easier to breathe and my belly doesn't look like I'm 9 months pregnant. We will be returning to the doctors office on Wednesday, to re-evaluate and hopefully get the all clear to return back to work. I'm very anxious for some kind of normalcy again.
Dave and I are extremely grateful for all your thoughts and prayers. We thank you all from the bottom of our hearts for all your concerns and encouragement the last few years. We are so blessed to have such great support from our family and friends and we Thank You.
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
Congrats!! I'm so excited for you. Good luck with pregnancy. I hope you are feeling better.
Post a Comment