The Nicholsons

Dave, Kathi & Keira
Daisypath Anniversary tickersDaisypath - Personal picture Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal picture PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata - Personal picture PitaPata Dog tickersPitaPata - Personal picture

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Our babies!!!











Today is October 25, 2008, and the day of our embryo transfer. For the last month, I have been injecting stimulating shots everyday to produce mature eggs for IVF (In-Vitro Fertilization). The doctors were able to retrieve a total of 27 eggs, but only 18 survived. Then from that 18 number of eggs only 12 were able to be fertilized. We know 2 embryos are able to be frozen and the 2 embryos you see in the picture above are the ones they implanted today. We are waiting for the remaining 10 embryos to mature to the appropriate stage before they have the ability to be frozen. At this point, I am under strict doctor orders to stay in bed for 2 days while our 2 babies secure their home. The other picture you see (the darker one) is our first ultrasound of our babies. If you look closely, you'll be able to see a courser and just above that is a tiny white dot. That tiny white dot are our 2 babies.
Dave and I are extremely happy to finally be at this point to start a family, but we have a long ways to go. The next step is a pregnancy test on November 6th, to see if the 2 embryos implanted. All we have to do is continue to pray and have faith. We are very hopeful and happy to be at this point...finally.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats to you both. What an exciting time! Thanks for the update...the site is great.

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for the both of you!!!! I can't wait to hear more good news!

Unknown said...

I think the babies are cute like Dave! hee hee!!!!

My fingers are crossed for you,
Kim

Jonathan and Mandi Crandell said...

How exciting!! We'll keep our fingers crossed for you. Wish you the best!

marlamuppets said...

oh kathy! exciting!!!