Dave and I got some really great news today. There was a chance that I may have needed to be put on bed rest. Last week when I was at the OB doctor getting evaluated for my abdominal pain, they did a test called a Fetal Fibronectin, which determines whether I would go into preterm labor within the next 2 weeks. It came back positive. The doctor didn't seem too concerned however, because of everything else that was happening at the time. The OB doctor repeated the test yesterday, which left Dave and I extremely nervous that it may come back positive again. We got the call this morning and the test came back negative. Talk about a huge sigh of relief.
That's not all the good news we received today though. The surgeon called us tonight with the pathology results and turns out it was NOT colitis, but appendicitis. He said the CT scan looked like it showed the appendix was inflamed, which sent me into surgery. When he opened me up the appendix didn't look inflamed, but part of the colon did and the fluid surrounding the organs looked infected, which made him think Colitis was the problem. Once the appendix was looked under the microscope it confirmed that it was appendicitis. I'm glad that sucker is gone now. Dave asked him, "so it was a good thing she went into surgery." The doctor laughed and said, "oh yeah!" Once we hung up with the doctor Dave's sarcastic side came out and said, "he's probably just doctoring the reports so I don't sue him." WHATEVER!
We are both glad things are getting better and we can put this behind us. We are so grateful for all the love and support and we appreciate all the good thoughts and prayers. Thank you.
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment