The Nicholsons

Dave, Kathi & Keira
Daisypath Anniversary tickersDaisypath - Personal picture Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal picture PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata - Personal picture PitaPata Dog tickersPitaPata - Personal picture

Sunday, August 30, 2009

A visit from Missy


My dear friend Missy came up from Phoenix this weekend to meet Keira for the first time. We took her and Keira to the Minnesota State Fair where they saw over a 1,100 pound pumpkin and pig named Deano. I don't think she believed me when I first told her about them. We had a lot to eat also. Missy tried our corn on the cob. We like to dip the entire ear of corn in a tub of butter and put lots of salt on it. I had a corn dog, cotton candy, nachos and I could have had more, but the lines were too long. We were supposed to hit a record number of people attending the state fair. I haven't heard how many were there, but every road we went down there was a sea of people. We also went to the "Miracle of Birth" center to see new farm animals being born. There weren't any active labors going when we arrived, but we did pet the piglets just born. Its pretty neat to see and no one caught the swine flu.
Dave and I took her to a few different places to eat as well. One night we met up with a few of our friends and went to dinner at Bacio's. She also had to try a deep dish pizza at our favorite pizza joint, Davanni's and my favorite burger place, the Lion's Tap. Dave doesn't think its anything special, but I love it because its so simple. There are 5 burger choices on the menu and that's it. They cook the burgers the same way and they bring them out on a paper plate. I love it and I think they are the best burgers around. There is one other place I wanted to take her too, to try a "Juicy Lucy" burger. They cook the cheese in the middle of the patty, but I'll have to save that for the next time she visits.

No comments: