Keira turned 4 months old November 11. She had her check up the next day and she now weighs 14 lbs. 14 oz. and is 25 3/4" long. She is in the 75% for weight and 95% for height. She is going to be a very tall girl. The rest of her check up went well, although Dave and I had a few concerns. She had a prominent left rib, which to us looked funny, but to the doctor looked fine. They decided to get and x-ray to just double check, which she didn't like at all and they wouldn't let me be in the room with her. I told them that I am an x-ray tech and used to put the babies in the "pig-o-stat," but they still kicked me out. I figure its for the best, its probably different with your own child. Needless to say, she did NOT like it. I'm standing next to the door listening to her screaming and the tech. saying how strong she was, but once they took her out she stopped. They tech. said, "What a good baby! She stopped crying as soon as we took her out." Once she saw me though, it was a different story. She started whimpering. I'll have to admit, it was pretty cute, but it wasn't over yet. Dave and I noticed a couple dry spots on her left leg, which turned out to be eczema. That's no big deal, but she still needed to get her vaccines. It was around her nap time, so she started falling asleep. Once the nurse came in with the "blue tray" I set her down to wake her and she started fussing. She gave her the oral vaccine first, then cleaned off her fats thighs, then BAM, BAM. One shot in each leg. She cried so hard, her face turned a deep red, she stopped breathing for a second to try and catch her breath. My poor baby. I felt so bad for her. I picked her up comfort her, but it took awhile to get her to calm down. I guess I don't blame her. At least, she didn't need to get a 3rd shot, the "Swine Flu" vaccine. Our clinic considered us "high risk" since we care for a baby younger than 6 months, so Dave and I opted to get that. I'm surprised Dave didn't faint. He doesn't do well with needles, especially since he makes me go alone to Keira's appointments.

First time falling asleep in her highchair.

Having a good time playing in my exer-saucer.

Thank you Bena for the outfit.
No comments:
Post a Comment