The Nicholsons

Dave, Kathi & Keira
Daisypath Anniversary tickersDaisypath - Personal picture Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal picture PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata - Personal picture PitaPata Dog tickersPitaPata - Personal picture

Sunday, November 29, 2009

First Fever

Okay, so I mentioned earlier that we have a lot to be grateful for, but at the same time this weekend was hell. One Tuesday, coming home from daycare, Keira didn't seem like herself. She felt warm, she had a raw butt, drooling, coughing, fussy, and stuffy nose. I got the thermometer which read 100.6. I thought she may be teething. The next day I took her to daycare with no fever, just a stuffy nose and everything else. Kris, our daycare provider said she just didn't seem like herself that she wasn't as content. I was glad Dave and I had a long weekend to be with her and help her get better. Well, she didn't get better. She had a 102.4 fever and as high as 103.0 along with the rest of her symptoms, so we took her to the urgent care that evening just to make sure nothing else was going on. She's too young to have her flu or H1N1 shots, although Dave and I had ours. We were both worried, but the doctor said it was just a virus and it would have to run its course. Having a sick kid is no fun. With Dave and I taking 2 hour shifts last night, we are just exhausted. We didn't sign up for this part of parenthood.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Sweetie - you signed up for all kinds of 'unknowns' when you became a parent. Illness isn't fun - at times it can be very worrisome, but hang in there! This to shall pass. We love you guys!