The Nicholsons

Dave, Kathi & Keira
Daisypath Anniversary tickersDaisypath - Personal picture Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal picture PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata - Personal picture PitaPata Dog tickersPitaPata - Personal picture

Friday, September 11, 2009

First Trip to Arizona


Dave and Keira the night before we left. Her daddy is going to miss her so much.

Me and Keira on the airplane.

So its not my first trip to Arizona, but it is Keira's. I decided while I was on maternity leave I should go home for a visit and take the baby to see her Grandparents and Great Grandparents. However, her daddy did not come, so he's having a very hard time being away from his little girl. I talk to him everyday and he always says he misses holding and loving her. The flight went extremely well. Although, I was a bit panicked in the security line. I decided I didn't need to bring a stroller or car seat, I would just borrow one once I was there. I used my baby Bjorn to carry her, which worked out well, but I thought I would have to take it off to go through security. My heart started beating fast because I had a carry-on bag, diaper bag, a sleeping baby, and a Bjorn to take off. I'm thinking, "How the heck am I going to do this?" I just told myself to relax and ask the TSA guy if I needed to take her out of the Bjorn. He said no, so that was pretty easy. Keira is not a big crier, but she did get a bit fussy after we landed. I think it was because I was moving around too much trying to get me things together and get off the plane. She's definitely a mover, so once I started walking to the baggage area she fell right asleep. Her aunt Kelli picked us up from the airport and was very excited to see us. Actually, I think she was more excited to see Keira. She took us to this great Mexican restaurant called Tia Rosa's and it was fabulous. I had salmon enchiladas and it was so tasty. We stayed at her place so the kids and her could get their fill of the baby. I don't think they've had enough yet.
Cousin Erin and Keira
Aunt Kelli also did a little shopping before and during our stay. She is spoiling the girl. I don't even want to know what Christmas will be like. I'll have to bring an extra suitcase or two.
Granny came to get us for a weekend up north at the cabin and to see the Great Grandparents. I don't know who was more excited to see Keira; Granny or Aunt Kelli. Granny picked us up at Kelli's house, came running in the door to see the baby, but got the hand from cousin Erin. She just got to hold her for the first time and wasn't about to give her up. Meanwhile, Granny's getting attacked by Henry (Kelli's dog) wanting to say hello. I guess Granny's his favorite. So far the trip has been fun, but there is more to come. Granny has to show Keira off to a bunch of her friends. I could be here awhile.

My friend Missy's little girl Ava with Keira.

No comments: