The next day Dave needed to meet with his client again for a few hours, so I headed out for a spa day. I love business trips. I enjoyed a facial, full body scrub, and a hot stone massage. It was my favorite part of the trip.
That afternoon we headed into town for the "Dogwood Festival." It was a big art fair that included lots of food, local bands, art and a lot of walking. Later on we went to see the Atlanta Braves play some baseball. Dave was a bit upset that I purchased a Braves foam ax, knowing how much of a Twins fan he is. I didn't care though, I needed to get a souvenir for my little girl. By the end of the night though, he was singing their Indian song. I think he may have enjoyed himself after all. We skipped the end of the game since it was a wash out, and headed back to the hotel. Our feet were so tired after a full day of walking, we needed to relax in the hot tub. However, once we took the energy to get our suits on and head down to the hot tub, the pool closed for the evening. Oh well!
Turner Stadium
The following day we did a little sight seeing at the World of Coke Factory. We tried several different types of coke products from around the world. Some of them were really tasty and some NOT so much. The worst one was from Italy, which tasted like pure carbonated water with a bad after taste. The best of course is the original, Coca-Cola Classic.
Coke anyone?
My favorite guy...the creator of Coke.
Coke bottles from around the world. However, they were to large to drink.
THE American Idol couch from season 4. I forget who won though.
After we had enough coke for one day, we thought we needed a bite of Mexican food. While we ate, we saw hundreds of people in funny costumes running around downtown. We asked one of the locals what was going on and she said its the "Great Urban Race." Its a scavenger hunt at the local restaurants were you have to fulfill tasks to move on. Its a little like the Amazing Race, but you don't go from country to country.
Atlanta Locals
After some good grub, we went to the the Historical Center of Martin Luther King Jr. We hopped on the MARTA (public transportation) to a rough part of town. We thought we needed to take a bus to the site, but the driver said it was only a few blocks away. Well, those were the scariest blocks Dave and I have ever walked. There was graffiti on every sign possible and fences put up everywhere. It was like a desolate town and someone was going to pop out of the bushes. I don't ever think I have prayed that hard before, but I was sure praying that we would make it home safe to our baby girl. Once we got on the property at the Historical Center, we felt a little safer, but knew we would NOT be walking anywhere around there again. I think our hearts were going to beat out of our chests.
After that excitment, we thought we'd call it a day. We headed back to the hotel for some R n' R in the hot tub, but only found kids screaming and splashing everywhere. Needless to say, we were not there for very long. We went back to the room, dressed up and headed out for dinner.
Sunday couldn't come soon enough for me. I was ready to get back home to my baby. I don't know who was more excited though, me or Keira. When Grandma and Grandpa Nicholson dropped her off, Dave and I ran out to the truck. Keira started breathing super fast once she saw us. I think she was a little excited. I'm so glad to be home and have my family whole again. I'm never leaving her again.








No comments:
Post a Comment