Keira went on an Easter Egg hunt yesterday with friends from the neighborhood. This gave her good practice to find her first eggs that the Easter Bunny left for her this morning. Now if she can just find that Easter Basket??? Ummm!
Today was the first of many for the Nicholson household. Dave and I spent our first Easter with our daughter. We spent Sunday service as a family including Dave's parents, which isn't a first, but it was at our church were they brought in a real lamb.
I also made my first Easter dinner. We had ham baked in maraschino cherries and pineapple, apricot carrots, green bean casserole, cheesy potatoes, spinach/strawberry salad, jello, and rolls. We celebrated the day with some of Dave's family and everyone was impressed how good everything was. I think I was the most impressed though. I was a bundle of nerves the entire week, asking my co-workers what I should do and how I cook a ham etc... This doesn't mean I want to do it again however.
Nicole's SUPER GOOD Lemon Cake. Mmm!
While dinner was cooking the "grown-up" kids hunted for lotto tickets downstairs in the basement. Dave's mom does it for us every year and it is so much fun. It becomes a huge competition, so much so that sometimes we snatch lotto tickets out of each others hands.
We also hunted for Keira's Easter basket. The Easter Bunny left it in a tough spot for her to find, but she found it on the steps going downstairs to the basement. Once she saw it though, she got super excited and started playing with the fake grass. She was so cute. She kept trying to eat the grass and every time mommy took the grass away, she would grab some more. Of course, she thought it was funny too.
It was a fun and successful day to share with our family, but I think Easter should be held somewhere else next year.








No comments:
Post a Comment